The student news site of Pine Tree High School

PT Cutlass

• August 23Remember - BE ALL IN AND GO PIRATES!!!!!

• November 19Students need to respect each other and instructors

• November 10Lets keep our campus clean by picking up trash and putting it in the cans!

Filed under Showcase

First six weeks is over; homecoming week is here

The first six weeks of school is over, and students have survived the first round of work. Now, they are looking forward to fall, cooler temperatures, homecoming and the holidays in the future.

Homecoming is being celebrated this week, and the carnival is slated for Tuesday from 5 until 7 p.m. in the parking lot in front of the cafeteria. Included in that event will be games, food, fun and fellowship. Clubs and organizations have planned activities that will allow students to have a good time and celebrate Homecoming Week together.

On Friday night before the game, homecoming royalty will be introduced and a new king and queen will be crowned. Kam’Ree Williams and Josh Nafrady will return to put crowns on the heads of the new winners, while other royalty will be introduced and take their places on the field. Students will vote on the winners during voting during lunches before the Friday game.

Caity Rutledge, CTE lead teacher and sponsor for Student Council, Leadership and PALS, has put together the schedule of events for Homecoming, and it includes a lot of activities for students to enjoy. On Monday, students will dress up in bright colors, while on Tuesday they will dress like vacationers. Wednesday will see classes wearing particular colors, while Thursday is twins day. Friday is spirit day for people to wear homecoming or Pine Tree shirts to show support.

After homecoming, Red Ribbon Week is not that far away as students show support for anti-drug campaigns. Also Halloween is approaching meaning potential dress up days as well.

The PSAT test for juniors is coming up Oct. 11, and they have until Oct. 4 to sign up with Mrs. Allen in the business office. The cost of the test is $16.

Seniors started PT University this past week, and other activities are planned for that to allow them to be ready as possible to attend college.

Mashebia Johnson, a senior, was killed in a tragic automobile accident recently, and students are reaching out to her family by selling t-shirts in her memory. The shirts are $15 and will be ordered Oct. 14. Proceeds will go to her family. Johnson was a well liked student on campus and will be missed by those who knew her.