The student news site of Pine Tree High School

PT Cutlass

• August 23Remember - BE ALL IN AND GO PIRATES!!!!!

• November 19Students need to respect each other and instructors

• November 10Lets keep our campus clean by picking up trash and putting it in the cans!

Filed under Showcase

Three weeks of school are already over

Students are back in class and suddenly – whoosh – three weeks of school are over, the six weeks is only two weeks away from ending and homecoming is just around the corner.

Pine Tree is “ALL IN” this year, and the campus has had an excellent start to the school year, according to administrators. Students have worked harder on attendance and getting to class on time, and also the students have worked harder to keep the grounds clean and respect the campus more.

“I am pleased with the start of the year and feel like we are going to have another great year,” Principal Cindy Gabehart said.

Thus far, senior and junior class officers are intact, but the sophomore class and freshmen class need some class officer spots filled as well as to elect student council representatives. Homecoming Court packets have been distributed and elections are coming up for that. Homecoming is Friday, Oct. 6 against Mount Pleasant.

The Homecoming Carnival will be held on Tuesday, Oct. 3 from 5 until 7 in the cafeteria parking lot, and it will feature food, games, fun and performances from the spirit organizations. This is all in advance of the game that Friday.

Senior pictures have been taken, and underclassmen pictures are scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 19 during first and third periods. Makeup dates for seniors and underclassmen is Thursday, Oct. 12  in the theatre lobby. These pictures Tuesday will be in the cafeteria.

Football, volleyball, tennis and cross country have sports under way, and all have been fairly successful in opening game. UIL academics went to a conference in Tyler this past weekend to get rules and pointers on upcoming competitions, while band, cheerleaders, drill team and orchestra are all getting ready, along with choir and culinary and Skills USA, for competitions either this fall or early in January.

As usual, campus is buzzing with a lot of things going on. Students are getting used to new teachers and new classes, while teachers are busy trying to get all of the necessary work  in by the end of the six weeks. The first couple of six weeks are only five weeks long, so activity will be at a fever pitch until nearly Christmas break.

Students had Labor Day off and will have a break on Columbus Day, while teachers enjoyed Labor Day off but will come for training on Columbus Day. The next vacation for all will be at Thanksgiving.

So, students and teachers are off to a busy school year, and everything is going great. Look for a lot of exciting and positive news to come out of the Pine Tree High School campus this year.