The student news site of Pine Tree High School

PT Cutlass

• August 23Remember - BE ALL IN AND GO PIRATES!!!!!

• November 19Students need to respect each other and instructors

• November 10Lets keep our campus clean by picking up trash and putting it in the cans!

Filed under Features

New administrators welcome students

New assistant principals were on campus the first day of school to welcome students back to class.

Caci Brinkley and Melanie Bridges are new to Pine Tree as assistant principals this year. Dr. Cliff Lightfoot is now an assistant superintendent with Gladewater, and Cathy Williams has moved to the Fort Worth area.

Mrs. Brinkley was last on the Excel campus and was one of the favorites of students there. She is excited about her new opportunity, and she is already finding a lot of friendly faces as she help the freshmen on campus become acclimated to high school.

Mrs. Bridges came on campus last spring for a while, but her tenure as a high school AP was made official and now she is helping the junior class get ready for a great senior year the next year. She has a lot of experience in education, and her valuable knowledge has been welcomed by teachers and students alike.

Cindy Gabehart, high school principal, said the new additions to the administrative staff are welcome ones, and she is sure the two ladies will do an excellent job for Pine Tree.

Now that Dr. Lightfoot has left, Carrie Chandler will be the senior assistant principal and will also be in charge of CTE. Harold Jackson, a longtime assistant principal, will be the sophomore class assistant principal.

Melinda Tidwell, a Pine Tree graduate and former high school teacher and principal, is the academic dean for the high school campus and is very respected for the job she does and the knowledge and skill she brings to the high school campus.

So, Pine Tree is rocking and ready for a great year ahead, thanks to the administration and the planning and time they have put in over the summer to make sure teachers and students have everything they need to be successful.