The student news site of Pine Tree High School

PT Cutlass

• August 23Remember - BE ALL IN AND GO PIRATES!!!!!

• November 19Students need to respect each other and instructors

• November 10Lets keep our campus clean by picking up trash and putting it in the cans!

Filed under Showcase

Pine Tree begins classes with everyone ‘All In’

Over 1,300 Pine Tree students arrived on campus Monday with excitement, with anticipation and “All In” to have a great year ahead.

Even though skies were overcast and a bit gray, the air of excitement was evident as students gathered in the cafeteria and courtyard to see each other after spending a summer away from friends.

Students then hurriedly made their way to first period to begin yet another academic year and bring themselves closer to high school graduation and a journey into the big world that lays ahead.

Principal Cindy Gabehart said the first day went well and she was excited for the year ahead. She also said students she talked to were looking forward to a great year here at Pine Tree.

Seniors began their journey to graduation with senior pictures this week, getting yearbook and cap and gown pictures out of the way early so they could focus on classes and senior year activities.

Juniors and other underclassmen focused on getting to their classes and starting the journey toward their senior year and high school graduation. This year’s freshmen class is one of the biggest in recent memory, and these wide-eyed students spent their first day at Pine Tree High School just trying to find their next class and understand block schedules.

Other students were quick to help but, still, they had to smirk and recall their time as a freshman while they were assisting the younger students.

The first football game is Friday night and will feature Pine Tree traveling to Jacksonville for a game against the Indians in the Tomato Bowl. That will mean bus travel for the Pride Marching Band, Precision Drill Team, cheerleaders, BUCS and the varsity football team. For some it will be a first experience, while, for others, it will be yet another bus ride to yet another school function.  No matter how many times it has occurred, however, students, sponsors, administrators and faculty alike are excited to get another school year started.

School activities are quickly getting underway. Organizations are seeking new members, the first blood drive is scheduled and is taking applications, class officer and homecoming hopefuls are being sought and yearbook students are already asking students to purchase a book that will not be delivered until next May.

While the weather is unusually cool due to Hurricane Harvey affecting the entire state of Texas, there are still some warm days ahead before cool fall weather turns into Christmastime chilly temperatures.

Before then, however, Pine Tree will experience games, election of homecoming court, a queen and king crowned, different great experiences in classrooms and new friends being made as the year progresses along.

Yes, the 2017-2018 school year at Pine Tree has begun. It will be a short journey for some as they will cross the graduation stage next May ready to take on the world, while for others it is one stop toward their trip across that illustrious stage. But, no matter how old a student is, Pine Tree students are “All In” to have a great year.

Let the fun begin!