The student news site of Pine Tree High School

PT Cutlass

• August 23Remember - BE ALL IN AND GO PIRATES!!!!!

• November 19Students need to respect each other and instructors

• November 10Lets keep our campus clean by picking up trash and putting it in the cans!

Filed under News

PT students named to Texas Bank and Trust Board

[LONGVIEW, Tex.] —Texas Bank and Trust is pleased to announce the selection of seven seniors from Pine Tree High School to serve on its 2017-2018 40thANNIVERSARY Student Board of Directors.

The TB&T Student Board is a prestigious program recognizing outstanding high school seniors in the community.

Seniors Angelina Devona, Anahi Hernandez, Callie Lightfoot, Sarah Moore, Megan Oswald, Elijah Pumphrey, and Nallely Vazquez will join with 51 other seniors from Trinity School of Texas, Longview, Spring Hill, and St. Mary’s High Schools to make up the 40th senior class to participate in the TB&T program in Longview.

The 2017-2018 Student Board members will be introduced to the TB&T bank staff in an Orientation Reception, to be held at 7 pm, Monday, August 21, in the Main Bank lobby in downtown Longview. Parents and school administrators are invited to attend.

The Student Board program will be designed to introduce students to banking and money management at a critical point in their lives, and provide them with the essential economic building blocks to earning, spending, saving, and investing money. The students will be challenged this year to test their money management and time management skills with a program, entitled The Real L.I.F.E. Experience.  This innovative Living Institute for Financial Education TBT program will take the students through a real world simulation of their first year of college. Students will also serve as advisors to the bank on bank products and services throughout the year.

Established in 1978, Student Board remains the bank’s first and most enduring financial literacy program.

Students were selected based on their grade point average, extra-curricular activities, and afterschool work activities. Students must submit an essay with their application as well as two letters of recommendation from either a faculty member or administrator to be considered for the program. Students accepted into the 2017 Student Board program were notified in late May.

Since its inception, the Student Board has introduced more than 2,100 high school seniors to banking and money management.

For information on how to participate in the 2018-2019 Student Board program, students in their junior year of high school may contact Tammy Gage, Texas Bank and Trust Business Community Relations Officer, at (903) 237-1827.​